SECOND LOOK starts with a conversation about your property.
We talk about when you want to sell, what the process is all about, and how our staging services can help you. We provide you with a portfolio of previous projects to look at, testimonials and references, and suggestions of what the best type of staging for your home would be. These recommendations depend on whether you are currently living in your home or if it is vacant, and whether you want to do some work for yourself, or need us to look after everything.
Before Listing Consultations
We offer you professional advice on what you need to do to optimize your property’s best features before you list your home for sale. Second Look can make sure that when buyers view your property it will look its best.
After Listing Consultations
Has your home been on the market for a while and you are not getting the offers you hoped for? We offer you professional advice on what‘s missing and what you need to do to optimize your property’s best features. Second Look has the marketing experience that gives your property that extra added WOW factor to stand out from your competition.
This is what is included in a Consultation:
- We discuss with you what staging is and is not.
- A Certified Staging Professional will do a survey of both the interior and exterior of your home. Going room by room, we take extensive notes and photos.
- Within a day, we provide you with a full report of recommendations on any required repairs and painting, as well as steps for simplifying, organizing and rearranging to have your home looking its best inside and out before those all-important MLS photos are taken.
- We give you options for different levels of staging from DIY action plans, partial home staging with supplementary rentals, to full transformations with a professional stager.
Consultation fees start at $199
Occupied Home Staging
If you are still living in the home, here are some options:
- D.I.Y. Action Plan. We give you the detailed list of what needs to be done to properly market your home for sale in order to sell quickly and for full value. Or if you prefer, this can be a video consult where you follow along with your camera and record all of the recommendations right there. Then you perform all of the necessary fix-ups, painting and updates, and edit furniture and belongings yourself. This DIY Action plan is included with a Consultation.
- Partial Home Staging. You have already cleaned out your closets, packed up your personal possessions and recently painted. Now what you need is Lights, Camera, Action, Staging! With this plan we have a certified stager come into your home for up to 3 hours to ensure your home has the look buyers are expecting and that it’s ready for those all-important MLS photos. Starting at $399 this plan includes a mini staging with furniture and accessory rearrangement. We also bring cushions, artwork, plants and lamps for the photos. (If you choose, items can be rented)
- Complete Home Staging. If your property needs more than updating, we can provide you with a plan to transform your home. We can project manage some or all of the process of packing, moving out unnecessary furniture, painting, placement of rental furnishings, art work and accessories and hire the photographer to ensure your home looks amazing on the MLS. While each property is a custom project, the cost of a professional staging will be far less than the average price reduction. Pricing for complete staging options are included in a Consultation.
Vacant Property Staging or Model Home Staging
Have you already moved into your New Home, leaving your existing property vacant? Are you a spec builder with a vacant new build? 9 out 10 people cannot visualize what their belongings will look like in a vacant home. Potential buyers are looking for a lifestyle and need to make an emotional connection to your home. We can provide the furnishings to connect with those buyers. We will plan and manage the entire process of design/placement, delivery and pickup of furniture, artwork, lifestyle accessories, and plant rentals. Professionally staged properties sell for 3 -6% more than vacant homes. 3% of a home that sells for $500,000 is $15,000. Vacant staging pricing starts at $1500, making it a well worth the expense. Contact us for a quote.
Staging is a short term investment when marketing your home, which will cost far less than a price reduction.
Re-design Home Decorating Consultations
Re-design home decorating consultations - Want to give your home a fresh look? We can provide room arrangement and accessory options, organizing suggestions and colour advice. Hourly rates provided on request.
If you need accessories, artwork or even furniture for your new home (or anytime) and don't have the time to shop or don’t know where to start - we can do that too! We are always researching new items and can find that special something for your home. Service is provided on an hourly rate. Please enquire.